The Cochrane Collaboration Complementary Medicine Field is pleased to announce our 2014 bursary scheme made possible through funds from the US National Institutes of Health, National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. The purpose of this bursary scheme is to ensure that reviews relevant to complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) are completed and published in the Cochrane Library.
The bursary scheme will fund two review proposals in the amount of $5,000 USD. The funding must be paid directly to the individual bursary recipient; it cannot be paid to the recipient’s institution.
- The review must be registered with a Cochrane Review Group, and the relevant protocol/review must already be published in the Cochrane Library;
- the topic of the review must relate to CAM (see scope in Call for Applications); and
- bursaries will be targeted to reviews for which substantial progress has already been made and whose completion has been stalled due to a lack of funding.
Completed application forms should be e-mailed to Susan Wieland by 26 January 2015. Forms sent by postal delivery or fax will not be accepted. Successful candidates will be notified by 6 February 2015. Funds will be distributed to successful applicants in a single installment, after the award notification. Funds must be paid to the individual recipients of the bursary, and not to their institutions.
For more information (e.g., the assessment criteria, additional details about eligibility and application procedures), please see the full Call for Applications and Application Form.
Congratulations to the recipients of the 2013 CAM Field bursary scheme awards:
– Yuri Jadotte, for the Cochrane Skin Group review ‘Complementary and alternative medicine treatments for atopic eczema’
- Nicole Skoetz, for the Cochrane Haematological Malignancies Group review ‘Yoga for haematological malignancies’
External link for more information:
Contributor’s InformationContributor’s name: