The SEA-EU-NET 2 project launches a call for papers and posters on the topics of the ASEAN-EU STI Days 2015 – more concretely on infectious diseases, chronic lung diseases, prevention strategies for mycotoxins, water-energy-food nexus and water management under climate uncertainty – for young researchers from ASEAN countries.
Published on 26. Nov. 2014
Call for Papers and Posters
The SEA-EU-NET 2 project will organise the next ASEAN-EU Science, Technology & Innovation Days (STI Days) on 17-19 March, 2015 in Paris, France as a bi-regional forum for cooperation activities between Europe and Southeast Asia. The conference will include plenary sessions on ASEAN-EU STI cooperation with high-level keynotes, various scientific workshops focusing on the societal challenges of Food Security and Safety, Health, and Water Management, as well as information and training sessions on funding, mobility opportunities or innovation. An Innovation Exhibition and several field trips will make the programme more interactive and interesting.
Young researchers from the 10 ASEAN countries are invited to submit papers or posters on the scientific topics of the event, more concretely:
- Infectious Diseases
- Chronic Lung Diseases
- Food Security and Safety:
- Prevention Strategies for Mycotoxins
- Water management
- Water, Energy, Food Nexus – Resource Use Efficiency
- Water Management under Climate Uncertainty
Papers should be original and contain contributions of theoretical or experimental nature. All articles must be written in English. The length of the papers should be 10-15 pages (4000-6000 words) long and authors are requested to attach an abstract (about 300 words). References should be made according to The Chicago Manual of Style, author-date system. (See: http://library.williams.edu/citing/styles/chicago2.php). Please use Times New Roman, 10-point, single-spaced type. All papers will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings with an ISBN.
The authors of the three best articles will be invited to participate in the ASEAN-EU STI Days in Paris. Their costs (flight ticket and accommodation) will be covered by the SEA-EU-NET 2 project. 5 more articles will be selected for publishing.
Interested scholars should submit their papers with their name, institution/organisation, address, phone e-mail address, their professional CV along with their most significant publications (max. 2 pages) as well as a motivation letter, why they are interested in participating/publishing in the frame of the ASEAN-EU STI Days. Please forward your paper in RTF/DOC format to Ágota Dávid via e-mail at agota.david
- Paper Submission: 1st of February, 2015
- Evaluation: 13th of February, 2015
- Editing: 27th of February, 2015
- Printing: 15th of March, 2015
The poster session offers junior researchers a great opportunity to present ongoing research to an international audience. Interested researchers should submit proposals for posters with the following information: title of the poster, name and contact information of the corresponding author, an extended abstract (500 words) describing the content of the poster, professional CV of the author with a list of most important publications as well as a short motivation letter why they want to be present at the ASEAN-EU STI days. The first selection of posters (12 posters) will be made on the basis of the text of the abstracts.
When preparing accepted posters please note that your poster should not exceed the following dimensions: 841 mm wide by 1189 mm high (A0 size).
The authors of the two best posters will be selected after the submission of the final, printable version of the posters. These two applicants will be invited to participate in the ASEAN-EU STI days in Paris. Their costs (flight ticket and accommodation) will be covered by the SEA-EU-NET 2 project. The other 10 selected posters will be printed and exhibited during the conference.
Authors should submit their abstracts in RTF/DOC format as well as their final poster proposals in PDF format by email to Ágota Dávid via e-mail at agota.david.
- Poster abstract submission deadline: 1st of February, 2015
- Selected candidates informed: 10th of February, 2015
- Submit final posters as a digital document 25th of February, 2015
- Final ranking and printing: 10th of March, 2015
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Conducting research in one of the ASEAN member states: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.;
- Students doing their PhD, young researchers with a PhD title, young researchers with at least 3 years scientific experience;
- The age of the applicants should be below 40 at the time of application;
- Submitting the paper/poster on one of the thematic fields, mentioned in the call text along with all the requested documents, before the deadline. In case of the poster competition both the abstract and the final poster should be submitted before the deadline.
- Scientific excellence and relevance of the paper/abstract;
- Previous scientific record of the applicant
- Personal motivation
- Relevance of the topic for European researchers is an advantage
If you need any information, please contact Ágota Dávid at agota.david
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible for funding under this call. Researchers doing their PhD, with a PhD title or at least three years scientific experience are eligible.
 In case of more authors only the costs of one researcher will be covered.