Name: Ferry Efendi
Lecturer at Faculty of Nursing, Airlangga University, Indonesia
- DHS Fellow 2017 at the Demographic Health Survey (DHS) program- ICF International-USA
- Associate Editor of DOAJ–Directory of Open Access Journal (www.doaj.org), 2015-2017
- Endnote Trainer (2013-present)
- Consultant, Module Development of Human Resources for Health Funding support: Ministry of Health of Indonesia and World Health Organization office of Indonesia. 2014.
- Consultant, Human Resources for Health Observatory of Indonesia. Funding support: Ministry of Health of Indonesia and World Health Organization office of Indonesia.2014
- Consultant, Translator of The World Health Organization Global Code of Practice on International Recruitment of Health Personnel. Funding support: Ministry of Health of Indonesia and World Health Organization office of Indonesia . 2013
- Consultant, Online registration system of Indonesian nurses under Indonesia-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (IJEPA). Funding support: Ministry of Health of Indonesia. 2011
- Consultant, Indonesia Maternal and Newborn Health Activity Pre-Solicitation Release of United States Agency for International Development (USAID). University Research Co, LLC (URC)-The United States of America
International Collaboration for Community Health Nursing Research (ICCHNR)
Global Health Network
1. Nursalam, Efendi F. Pendidikan Dalam Keperawatan [Nursing Education]. Surabaya: Salemba Medika. (ISBN: 978-979-3027-66-1). [Order book here]
2. Efendi F, Makhfudli. Keperawatan Kesehatan Komunitas [Community Health Nursing]. Surabaya: Salemba Medika. (ISBN: 978-979-3027-94-4). [Order Book Here]
3. Anna Kurniati, Ferry Efendi. Kajian Sumber Daya Manusia Kesehatan di Indonesia (Review of Human Resources for Health in Indonesia). Jakarta: Salemba Medika. [Order Book Here]
4. Kurniati A, Efendi F. Human Resources for Health Country Profile of Indonesia. Jakarta: World Health Organization of Indonesia – 2017. [Download for free here]
Efendi, F., Nursalam, N., Kurniati, A., & Gunawan, J. (2018, January). Nursing qualification and workforce for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Economic Community. In Nursing forum.
Kurniati, A., Chen, C. M., Efendi, F., & Berliana, S. M. (2017). Factors Influencing Indonesian Women’s Use of Maternal Health Care Services. Health care for women international, (just-accepted), 00-00.
Kurniati, A., Chen, C. M., Efendi, F., Elizabeth Ku, L. J., & Berliana, S. M. (2017). Suami SIAGA: male engagement in maternal health in Indonesia. Health policy and planning, 32(8), 1203-1211.
Efendi, F., Chen, C. M., Kurniati, A., & Berliana, S. M. (2017). Determinants of utilization of antenatal care services among adolescent girls and young women in Indonesia. Women & health, 57(5), 614-629.
, , , and
Efendi F. The Health Workers Recruitment and Deployment in Remote Areas of Indonesia. The International Electronic Journal of Rural and Remote Health Research, Education, Practice and Policy. Issue 2, 2012 (Vol. 12) Impact Factor 0.820
Efendi, F., Purwaningsih, M., Kurniati, A., & Bushy, A. (2014). What Do Indonesian Nurses Want? Retaining Nurses in Rural and Remote Areas of Indonesia. Online Journal of Rural Nursing and Health Care, 14(2), 32-42.
Nursalam, N., Wijaya, A., Bakar, A., & Efendi, F. (2015). Indonesian Nursing Students in Caring Behavior. GSTF Journal of Nursing and Health Care (JNHC),2(2).
Dwi Ananto Wibrata, Tjipto Suwandi, Mr Nursalam, Siti Nur Kholifah, Ferry Efendi. Improving village health post (Ponkesdes) nurses’ performance, which model should be used?. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. Vol. 4 No. 7 2014
Ferry Efendi, Mrs Purwaningsih, Nuzul Qur’aniati, Anna Kurniati, Eka Jusuf Singka, Ching-Min Chen. Return migration of Indonesian nurses from Japan: Where should they go? Journal of Nursing Education and Practice Vol. 3 No.8 2013. DOI: 10.5430/jnep.v3n8p154
Efendi F, Indarwati R, Kurniati A, Fitryasari PK R, Yusuf A, Nancarrow S. Retaining and Motivating Health Worker in Very Remote Area of Indonesia, Do They Respond To The Incentives? GSTF Journal Vol 2, No 1, 69-72, December 2012
Scientific Article :
International and National Conference:
Ferry Efendi, Ching-Min Chen. Proposing a Return Migration Policy: Insights from Indonesia Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (IJEPA) Nurses Study
Efendi F, Ching-Min Chen. Monitoring the implementation of the WHO Global Code of Practice on the international recruitment of health personnel: the case of Indonesia. BMC Health Services Research 14.Suppl 2 (2014): P35.
Efendi F, Kurniati A. 2013. Review Sistematis Peningkatan Retensi Tenaga Kesehatan di Daerah Tertinggal. Konferensi Kebijakan Perencanaan Pembangunan Nasional, Bappenas 13 Juli 2013
Srimulyo K, Aksono B, Efendi F. Building Integrity Through The Implementation of Achievement Credit System. ASEAN Conference, 2-3 April 2013, Hotel Borobudur Jakarta
Efendi F, Indarwati R, Ulfiana E, Kurniati A, Sanjaya A. What Do Nurses Want? Developing Incentives for Nurses To Serve In Remote Areas of Indonesia. 3rd International Nursing Conference “Inovation on Nursing Education and Practice, Airlangga University Surabaya, May 12-13, 2012
Efendi F, Hadisuyatmana S. 2012. Empowering Community in Vulnerable Area To Reduce The Impact of Possible Disaster. 8th International Seminar: Humanity and Social Activity in Disaster Situation. Gadjah Mada University Jogjakarta, February 28, 2012
Kurniati A, Efendi F, Adhawiyah NA. Improving Medical Specialist Service in District Hospitals: Increasing the Number of Medical Specialist and Nurse Diploma IV. The 5th Conference of Asia Pacific Action Alliance of Human Resources for Health (AAAH), 4-6 November 2010, Bali, Indonesia
Kurniati A, Efendi F. Viewing Decentralization as an Opportunity: In Improving Availability of Health Workers in Underserved Areas. The 4th Conference of Asia Pacific Action Alliance of Human Resources for Health (AAAH), -WHO Expert Group Meeting, November 2009, Hanoi, Vietnam
Kurniati A, Efendi F, Gandaputra SA. Managing Human Resources for Health at Indonesia’s Country Border Area. The 2nd Annual Indonesian Scholar Conference in Taiwan. 17-19 March 2010, Asia University, Taichung Taiwan.
Efendi F, Nursalam, Indarwati R. 2009. Nursing Informatics Development To Create Indonesian Nurses With Global Standard. The 5th International Conference on Information & Communication Technology and Systems, August 2009, Surabaya, Indonesia. ISSN: 2085-1944
Nursalam, Efendi F, Ngoc Dhang LT, Sufyanti Arief Y. 2009. Nursing Education in Indonesia: Todays and Future Trends. Shanghai International Nursing Conference, November 2009, Shanghai, China
Kurniati A, Efendi F. Viewing Decentralization as an Opportunity: In Improving Availability of Health Workers in Underserved Areas. Global Health Workforce Allied Conference-WHO Expert Group Meeting, November 2009, Hanoi, Vietnam
Efendi F, Kurniati A, Nursalam, Eka Misbahatul M. Has, Pi-Ming Yeh. Virtual Mobility As Innovative Alternative In Nursing Education. Java International Nursing Conference 2010, 2-3 October, Semarang, Indonesia
On the news:
Kurniati A, Efendi F, Yeh PM. Human Resource Development for Health in Indonesia: Challenges of Achieving the Millennium Development Goals. Jurnal Sumber Daya Manusia Kesehatan. Vol.1 No. 1 ,2014
Eka Misbahatul Mar’ah Has, Ferry Efendi, Elida Ulfiana, Makhfudli Makhfudli. Peningkatan Pengetahuan, Sikap, dan Ketrampilan Petugas Kesehatan Dalam Pelaksanaan Konseling Efektif TB Paru di Puskemas. Jurnal Sumber Daya Manusia Kesehatan. Vol.1 No. 1 ,2014
Nasronudin, Lusida MI, Handajani R, Lindawati, Efendi F, Utsumi T. Phylogenetic Molecular Analysis Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Patients in Surabaya, East Java. Journal of The Indonesian Medical Association. Vol. 60 No. 4 April 2010
Kurniati A, Efendi F, Yeh Pi-Ming. 2010. Managing Doctors to Serve in Underserved Areas: Do They Respond to Financial Incentives? Journal of Human Capital Vol. 2 No. 3, Bakrie School of Management
Nursalam, Efendi F, Fata UH. Peer Group Support for Improving Public Servant’s Psychological Acceptance in Retirement Preparation Phase. Vol. 3 No.2 October 2008-March 2009, Jurnal Ners
Nugraha S, Tanaka M, Efendi F. A Comparative Study of Nursing Educational System in Indonesia and Japan. Vol. 3 No.2 October 2008-March 2009, Jurnal Ners
Sustini, Syamilatul, Efendi F. Comparative Study of Community Behaviour and Environment Condition in Dengue Haemorhagic Fever Occurance Between Outbreak and Non Outbreak Area in Surabaya. Vol. I No. 2 October 2006-April 2007. Journal of Nursing
Efendi F, Hudayana F. Potency of GB Virus C As Alternative of Biology Therapy in Delaying Progressivity HIV/AIDS. Vol. I No. 1, July-December 2006. Scientific Journal of Airlangga Medical Student
Efendi F, Fachrizal A. Anti Malaria Activity Test of Psidium Guajava Leaves Extract To Plasmodium Falciparum Media In Vitro Vol. I No. 2 March 2006 Scientific Journal of Medical Student
Popular Article :
Some published article at Jawa Pos, Radar Surabaya and magazines.
Efendi F. Health financing. March 2nd 2005. Radar Surabaya
Efendi F. Corruptor and Physician Letter. July 2005. Lingua Tabloid
Efendi F. Health insurance for outreach community. October 7th 2004. Radar Surabaya
Efendi F. Dolly, HIV/AIDS and Market Demand. November 10th 2004. Radar Surabaya
Efendi F. Forgot Differences Between College Students and Provocateur. July 6th 2004. Jawa Pos
Efendi F. New President and Health Investment. September 24th 2004. Radar Surabaya
Audio Visual Learning Material (The Latest technology in education): Katholieke Universiteit Leuven-Belgium. Funded by VLIR-UOS (The Belgian Development Cooperation) in 2009
Human Resources Development for Health: Royal Tropical Institute-KIT, Amsterdam-Netherland. Funded by Nuffic/NESO (the Netherlands organisation for international cooperation in higher education) in 2009
Mobile learning for Higher Education: Saga University-Japan, Funded by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in 2008
1. Competitive Research Grant II/Penelitian Hibah Bersaing Tahun II (Various Quality of Local Agar as Substitute of Import Agarose in Electrophoresis Gel DNA) year 2010, granted by Dirjen Dikti, Ministry of National Education of Indonesia
2. Penelitian Hibah Publikasi Internasional Batch III/Indonesia research grant competition for International Publication Batch III (Phylogenetic molecular analysis Human Immunodeficiency Virus of HIV infected patient at Surabaya East Java ) year 2009, granted by Dirjen Dikti, Ministry of National Education of Indonesia
3. Fundamental research grant competition / Penelitian Dasar (Early detection of HIV-AIDS cases in community through mobile VCT at high risk population) year 2008, granted by Dirjen Dikti, Ministry of National Education of Indonesia
4. Competitive Research Grant I/Penelitian Hibah Bersaing Tahun I (Various Quality of Local Agar as Substitute of Import Agarose in Electrophoresis Gel DNA) year 2008, granted by Dirjen Dikti, Ministry of National Education of Indonesia
5. Indonesia Country Profile of HRH 2011, funded by World Health Organization SEARO.
6. Penurunan Perilaku beresiko tertular HIV pada kelompok resiko: kuli bangunan dengan menggunakan pendekatan behavior change communication di wilayah surabaya. Penelitian Unggulan Perguruan Tinggi Tahun 2013, granted by Dirjen Dikti, Ministry of National Education of Indonesia
7. Indonesian nurses migration under EPA program, funded by Sumitomo Foundation, 2014-2015.
China Medical Board (CMB) Scholar 2014 for attending the third Global Health System.
The second best paper in human resources field at national development planning policy conference. Awarded by Minister of National Development Planning (Bappenas), June 13th year 2013.
The best paper at The 2nd Annual Indonesian Scholar Conference in Taiwan. Awarded by IC3T, March 19th year 2011.
The third winner, Indonesian Youth Researcher Election year 2006 (Pemilihan Peneliti Remaja Indonesia- LIPI). Awarded by Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
Gold Medal, PKM Pengabdian Masyarakat, PIMNAS XIX 2006, Awarded by Dirjen Dikti
Juara 1 Tingkat Nasional Lomba Penelitian dalam rangka Pagelaran Ilmiah Kampus Universitas Indonesia (PIK-UI). Lembaga Pengkajian & Penelitian Fakultas Kedokteran UI Tahun 2006, Awarded by Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia
Juara 2 LKTM IPA tingkat Nasional, PIMNAS XVIII 2005, Awarded by Dirjen Dikti
Juara 3 Lomba Cipta Teknologi Pendidikan Tingkat Nasional 2006, Awarded by Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta