The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and its Grand Challenges partners are now accepting applications for the following grant programs – for more information on these programs please visit the grant opportunities page at www.grandchallenges.org:
1) The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has launched three new Grand Challenges:
• Putting Women and Girls at the Center of Development
• Creating and Measuring Integrated Solutions for Healthy Birth, Growth, and Development (part of the All Children Thriving platform)
• New Interventions for Global Health
Proposals will be accepted until January 13, 2015.
2) Grand Challenges Explorations (GCE) Round 14 is still accepting applications for the following topics:
• Surveillance Tools, Diagnostics and an Artificial Diet to Support New Approaches to Vector Control
• New Approaches for Addressing Outdoor/Residual Malaria Transmission
• New Ways to Reduce Pneumonia Fatalities Through Timely, Effective Treatment of Children
• Enable Universal Acceptance of Mobile Money Payments
• Explore New Ways to Measure Brain Development and Gestational Age
• New Ways of Working Together: Integrating Community-Based Interventions
Proposals will be accepted until November 12, 2014, at 11:30 a.m. PST. We are also announcing the GCE grants awarded from Round 13 here.
3) In response to the ongoing Ebola epidemic, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has launched Fighting Ebola: A Grand Challenge for Developmentto develop practical and cost-effective innovations to improve infection treatment and control that can be rapidly deployed. Submissions received by November 7, 2014, will be part of the first round of review, and submissions received by December 1, 2014, will be part of the second round of review. Expressions of interest received after December 1, 2014, will be reviewed in subsequent rounds.
Thank you for your support and continued commitment to solving the world’s greatest health and development challenges.
The Grand Challenges Team