© psdgraphics.comGlobal search
UNESCO is currently seeking an intern to assist the Science Unit within the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe, Venice (Italy), in the implementation of its activities relating to inquiry-based science education in the European and Mediterranean region. Duration: 3 to 6 months approx. Dates: to be agreed with the selected applicant.
Under the overall supervision of the Coordinator of the Science Unit as required, the intern will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in the regular monitoring and processing of information collected via Google Forms for the tracking of dissemination activities undertaken related to inquiry-based science education;
- Help undertake an assessment of the ASPnet schools in the region, determining which ones are the most active and likely to be receptive to engage in inquiry-based science learning;
- Regularly seek out online and create a database of upcoming science- and education-related events on a weekly basis;
- Regularly update mailing and contact lists, consolidating information received from external partners into the approved format;
- Provide assistance with the organization and maintenance of project files (both physical and on the server) in a way that information is up-to-date and easily accessible.
- General understanding of the work and mission of a UNESCO regional office, with a special focus in the field of science;
- Developing knowledge and understanding of the functioning of EU projects in the field of science;
- Hands-on experience with an international environment;
- Insight into issues of cooperation at regional level.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a second level or master’s (or equivalent) university programme in sciences, international relations, development studies or a related field;
- Basic knowledge of UNESCO’s mandate, structure, and activities, with special focus in the field of sciences;
- Full proficiency in English (working language for the assignment); knowledge of Italian is an asset;
Instructions for Application:
To apply for this internship, please submit your application directly through UNESCO’s internship portal at stageweb.unesco.org.
In the “Motivation” section of the application, please include a reference to this advertisement for an “Intern in support of Inquiry-based science education activities in the Science Unit of UNESCO Venice Office”. Deadline: COB 28/01/2015.