|The mission of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.|
|Vacancy Notice No: SEAR/CO/15/FT05
Title: Administrative Officer
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: Two Years
|Date: 28 April 2015
Application Deadline: 18 May 2015
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Organization unit: SEARO Countries (SE_ACO) /
|OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The objective of the Programme is to deliver WHO core functions at the country level, with particular focus of the Organization’s directing and coordinating role for international work. Within this framework, activities include support to the Government in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national health policies, strategies and plans, and development and management of WHO’s technical cooperation programmes at the country level.
The immediate unit objective is to facilitate programme delivery by providing timely managerial and administrative services to programme delivery collaborators, staff and consultants in all aspects of administrative and financial operations including budget and finance, human resources, fellowships, procurement, travel, ticketing and transportation, logistics, building management, safety and security of staff, information technology including GSM operations, telecommunications, publication dissemination, media, protocols and public relations. Further, to provide accurate guidance, information and practices which lead to full compliance and accountability with the Organization’s established rules and regulations.
|Description of duties:
Under the direct supervision of the WHO Representative, and the general guidance of the Director, Administration and Finance for the South-East Asia Region, the incumbent performs of the following duties :
(1) Leads, directs and manages staff in delivering a full range of administrative services in support of programme implementation, budget and finance, human resources, procurement, travel, ticketing and transportation, fellowships, building management, security of office premises and staff safety, telecommunications, information technology including GSM operations, and asset management;
(2) Provides the WHO Representative, and other staff at WCO, field offices and Projects, authoritative advice and analysis on all areas of administration, including respect for WHO administrative and financial rules, policies and practices;
(3) Provides analysis and advice to the WHO Representative and senior staff on management of Awards, Imprest accounts and handling of cash; oversees proper reconciliation and reporting of these functions;
(4) Actively leads procurement of services required for management of country office or for support of technical programs, participating in local contract committees and ensuring best value for money in procurement practices;
(5) Facilitates team building, coordinates identification, planning and implementation of Staff Development and Learning activities;
(6) Reviews the administrative and financial services operations including the anticipated needs of resources and creates innovations for improved efficiencies and effectiveness;
(7) Assists the WR in establishing and maintaining an efficient and effective compliance programme within the Office, including heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct and Compliance requirements;
(8) Participates in the country programming, Work Plans’ formulation, technical and financial monitoring and evaluation, including liaison with national authorities, UN agencies and other development partners;
(9) Supports resource mobilization efforts, participating in the formulation of donor agreements and other contractual instruments to ensure conformity and compliance with WHO policies and administrative provisions;
(10) Liaises with WHO Country Office technical units and Regional Office staff and informs WR on the implementation status/deadlines, to ensure optimal utilization of allocated financial resources;
(11) Represents WHO and participates actively in the UN Operations Management Team and other interagency meetings; shares relevant information with colleagues, and ensures implementation of decisions taken by the heads of the agencies;
(12) Liaises with Government departments and other diplomatic missions to ensure timely approval of visas, work permits, VHF/HF radio licenses, vehicle imports, and resource mobilization, as well as issues of common interest;
(13) Coordinates with the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and SEARO focal point for Security, to ensure MOSS compliance and timely reports of security related incidents; disseminate security and travel advisory and arrange security briefings and training of staff;
Essential: Master’s level University degree in business/public administration, economics, organizational development, or equivalent educational qualifications
Desirable: Training(s) in HR, accounting, finance, monitoring and evaluation
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
3. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Creating an empowering and motivating environment
5.Ensuring the effective use of resources
Functional Skills and Knowledge :
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Essential: At least seven years of experience, some of which must have been obtained in an international context, in managing a wide range of administrative and financial services, leading and supervising staff teams
Desirable: WHO/UN/healthcare Organization experience of working in a developing country and interaction with national authorities
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English. Working knowledge of local language, an advantage.
WHO’s salaries are calculated in US dollars. They consist of a base salary and a post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates. Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel, education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance [NB: to be adjusted to the standard VN for posts in the general service category].
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WHO:
|Annual salary: (Net of tax)
USD 68,294 at single rate
USD 73,338 with primary dependants
|Post Adjustment: 39.90 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.
More info: http://www.who.int/employment/vacancies/en/