The Strategic Impact Evaluation Fund (SIEF), a partnership program promoting evidence-based policy making in human development, is very pleased to announce two new calls for impact evaluation research proposals. SIEF is looking for proposals in (1) early childhood development, with a focus on promoting the cognitive and socio-emotional development of children ages 3-6, and (2) effectively engaging non-state actors in basic education. The application process is a two-step process. The first stage requires completing the online SIEF Application Form and submitting a completed Evaluation Budget Template by email by 6:00 P.M. (EST) January 30, 2015. Detailed information on the calls is available below. Selected proposals will have the opportunity to receive seed funding up to US$25,000 to develop a full technical proposal for the impact evaluation. Selection in this round is not a guarantee of funding beyond the seed funding. All technical proposals will also undergo a careful peer review.
These calls are being funded through the British Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) and the London-based Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), which focuses on promoting early childhood development and evidence-based solutions.
- 2014 Call for Impact Evaluation Proposals on Non-State Actors in Basic Education: Promoting expansion and quality of education
- 2014 Call for Impact Evaluation Proposals on Early Childhood Development: Promoting the cognitive and socio-emotional development of children ages 3-6
Both calls are using the same application form below.
- Click here to complete the online application form – Strategic Impact Evaluation Fund: Impact Evaluation 2014 Application Form
- Click here to download a copy of the application form, to use for planning only (application must be filed through the online version) – Strategic Impact Evaluation Fund: Impact Evaluation 2014 Application Form (PDF)
- siefproposals1 for application to be complete.