The TOYOTA Foundation calls for projects proposals for its second year of pilot program which supports projects focus on reviewing current challenges and issues shared among Japan and other Asian countries, and proposing policy recommendations. The primary focus of the program is on selected countries in Southeast Asia and Japan.
This program emphasize on drawing lessons from existing practices made local communities, especially in terms of the following areas:
- How local communities address the challenges and find solutions;
- The role of various stakeholders in those processes; and
- Policy frameworks and social settings to support such efforts
Through this program, the foundation try to build a new form of partnership among Japan and other Asian countries, based on empathy shared among peers who face common challenges, instead of conventional ones such as donor/ recipient relationships.
The title of the Grant is “Cultivating empathy through leaning from our neighbors: Common issues in Japan and other Asian countries” with focusing on three thematic areas:
- Aging society;
- Multicultural society and
- Renewable energy practices for sustainable community development
Project Duration and Funding
The duration of projects is limited to one year, without any extension. All projects need to start on 1stNovember, 2014 and finish all activities by 31st October, 2015. The amount of funding vary from 3 – 6 million Yen depends on the number of target countries, not number of all countries covered in the project.
- Potential applicants can be a team or a network of members from various backgrounds, with a proven record of delivering results in one of the thematic areas. Priority is given to habitats in these five target countries- Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Applicants must have experience in the thematic areas concerning the target countries.
- Applicants have available human network of various stakeholders (policy makers, practitioners, researchers, local communities) in the thematic areas concerning the target countries.
- Applicants must have experience in impacting the stakeholders.
- Applicants must have strong communication skills.
The deadline for the applications is June 13, 2014 and all the application should be submitted via the Toyota Foundation website here.